Popular Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Awkward Silences

I am never quite sure how to fix an awkward silence.

FOR EXAMPLE

My Friend: Hey Claire, remember that time we accidentally went on the 'down' elevator when we wanted to go up*?
Me: Hahahaha, yeah.
My Friend: That was hilarious.
Me: But kinda embarrassing.
My Friend: Yeah.
*pause*
Me: *thinking* Oh crap, is she expecting me to say something? Crap, I think she is. But what am I supposed to say? Should I keep talking about that? But I can't think of anything to say about that. Ok...subject change. But what should I talk about. But I can't say, 'awkward silence', cos that'll make it really awkward. Should I wait for her to talk? *waits for about a second* Crap, she's not saying anything. I heard that a gay baby is born during every awkward silence. A gay baby's probably being born right this second. Damn, well now it's been to long, I've gotta say something. *out loud* Awkward silence.
My Friend: Dude...yoou just made it awkward.
My Inner Voice: Told ya so.

Sorry this post was so short, I'm just really tired and can't be stuffed thinking too much.

Swan Song,
Claire xoxo

*That actually happened to me and Ellie once.

No comments:

Post a Comment